Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Foodoholics Anonymous

Last week I made something as peculiar as carrot soup. Yes, all vegetarian, extremely spicy, rabbit food - carrot soup. It turned out to be one of the best soups I ever made, and probably one of the easiest. I used no recipe what so ever, but I still managed to make it oh so yummy!



I thought, since I post so many food related posts, that I'd start adding the recipes. Let me know if this is something you are interested in at all, or if I should just drop it. I just know that I personally get very inspired when I see some delicious cooking, and I wouldn't mind the recipe, since I love to experiment. Well anyways, let me know what YOU think!

To make spicy carrot soup for 4 people, you will need:
- At least 10 big carrots, chopped.
- 3 "branches" (??) of celery, chopped.
- One red or yellow bellpepper, chopped.
- 1 big onion, chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 3 red chilies, finely chopped (I'd go seedless, if you are not Indian or Mexican).
- 1 lime.
- 500ml of chicken stock.
- About 2dl-2,5dl of cooking cream (I used low fat, like 8%...?), depending of how much you want to use.
- 1dl of milk.
- 2 tsp of cumin.
- Salt&pepper.
- Herbs of all sort. I used thyme and basil and coriander, but it's really up to you. And use dried or fresh, whichever you prefer. 
- Sour cream, optional.

1. Chop all the vegetables and fry them in a pot (teflon), starting with the onion. Make sure to turn down the heat to not burn them, but make sure they are well done and soft.
2. Add the stock, and let simmer 5 minutes. Stir and then add the spices and let simmer for another 30 minutes.
3. Blend it all into a smooth texture and let simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the juice from the lime.
4. Add the cream and milk. Mix well. Taste and see if you want to add anything. I usually just throw something in at and forget what it was. But go crazy!
5. Serve with sour cream and wholewheat bread.

Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment