Friday, November 5, 2010

Istan to the Bul


Hola People!

Today is the day that I should already be packed and ready to go, but noooh, I'm still chillin' in my jammies... It's a big day today, coz not only is it J-day (or maybe C-day translated in english...?) but also the day that I have to be at the airport very early tomorrow morning, meaning pretty late tonight = no sleep (well I didn't plan on sleeping either way...). I have to be at the airport no later than 4.30 Am (??!?!) to be ready to take of to Istanbul. Gosh I don't know if I'm still going to be extremely intoxicated or bordering on a very bad hangover... We'll see. I'm not going to miss J-day just because I'm going on a study trip the "next morning", that's for sure.
So I'm going to be gone until Saturday. I have some planned posts for you, no too many but still, coz I'm not so sure I'll be able to update from the land of the Turkish Yoghourt. I'm not bringing my computer; I'm afraid of the smashing and the wrecking... So you will probably be bombed with Istanbul posts when I get back:) Even though I'm pretty pissed that my Nikon d7000 is still not available in stores, I'll do my best on the picture front with my old camera.

Now I'm going to pack... So I can be finished in time for a romantic meal with my roommate. She's making duck with potatoes and sauce, very christmasy, yum! Afterwards we will go out on the town to secure a spot somewhere we can be sure to have a cold christmas beer at 20.59! See you next Saturday!


For those of you who don't know what J-day is; it is the the day the christmas beer comes out, and it is always the first friday in November. You are not allowed to serve it before 20.59, and that's were all hell brakes loose. People running around with fake snow and blue elf-hats...It's really fun, and it seems like people are more festive than on New Years eve! It almost borders to a national holiday. I'll try and take some pictures to show you...

No comments:

Post a Comment