Tomato soup a la Julie. Thought I might share this one with you.
It was, in my opinion, one of the best tomato soups I've ever made.
So if you want to make it, you'll need;
- 5-6 firm red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium seized onions, chopped
- Garlic, and lots of it! I used 5 cloves
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, organic if possible
- 1 dl of water
- Fresh basil, a handfull
- Fresh rosemary, 1 tbs
- Fresh coriander, 1 tbs
- 1 tbs pesto
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 2,5dl cooking cream (I used a 4% fat)
- 150g mascarpone
Do like this;
- Fry the chopped tomatoes in oil, together with the garlic. Let the tomatoes fry for about 5 minutes until they are soft and smashed. Add the basil, onions, chili and the bell pepper. Let boil for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water, rosemary, thyme, coriander, pesto, oregano. Let simmer for another 10 minutes, while stirring once in a while. Then add salt and pepper, of your own liking.
- Turn off the heat, and with the help of a hand blender, blend the soup, until it becomes even colored and creamy.
- Add the cooking cream and then let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Then add the mascarpone and stir well. Let simmer for another couple of minutes. Taste and see what's missing. Adjust with salt and pepper.
Serve with e.g. mozzarella and croutons, preferably home made :)