Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feed the sick

I have been sick the last couple of days, but now it's finally starting to "clear out". So yesterday I felt like making soup, something I haven't' made in a while.
So I made a spicy italian inspired tomato soup with homemade croutons. Healthy (mm so n' so) and delicious! And good for sick people because it's full of garlic, and well, it's soup :)

Croutons are so easy to make and SO much more delicious (and probably healthier too) when you make them your self. I made mine out of wholewheat-rye buns, cut them into squares and fried them on a pan with oil with loads of garlic, fresh basil and a pinch of salt. Tadaa, easy breezy beautiful, croutons!

Sorry for the messy display. I had already eaten half the bowl before I remembered to take a photo.
And soup is the easiest dish to make, you don't have to think at all, just use some stock, a lot of veggies, garlic and cream (well I use skimmed milk, same same) and then you add on what ever you like. 
Soup is gooood!

xx Julie

1 comment:

  1. good job! with this photo im so curiouse and taste this cook ....
    Let me invite you too view my blog http://tiagophotografy.blogspot.com/ hope you like my work! :D
    Hugs from Portugal :)

    ReplyDelete