Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hei Laskiainen!

Okay new project on its way!
I just told my roommate how much I craved baking lately, and now it finally struck me why! It's my inner voice telling me it's that time of year, time for LASKIAIS PULLAN! Hurray!
For those of you who have no idea what it is, it's basically a cream and jam filled bun -pastry thing that you eat in Finland on Laskianen, a festival loosely translated into the Sliding Festival! (Screw the festival, just give me the pastry!)
I hope Emily reads this, then she knows what's in store for her when she comes home from sauerkrautundwurst-land! Makaroonilaatikko and laskiaispullan, sounds good Em;)?
I just hope that I can make them...I always buy them so we'll see what we end up with! I'll show you and maybe share a recipe when I make them:) Trust me, they are SO YUMMY!

Image source Google.

2 comments: